For the average consumer, it’s hard to understand the different types of online coupons and deals. Tricia Meyer and Ashleigh Ball talk about the different types of codes and how to get the best deals shopping online. Find Coupons and Discounts for hundreds of merchants at Sunshine Rewards.
- Compare free shipping (minimums, no minimums) with flat rate shipping and figure out when they are good deals and when they are not.
- Percent off coupons and dollar off coupons from the same merchant can be confusing. Do the math to figure out which is better for you. Spending more to save more isn’t usually worth it.
- “Stacking” coupons is the best deal when it is possible. Not all merchants allow it but it is worth trying.
- “BOGO” can be “Buy One Get One Free” or “Buy One Get One Half Off” depending on the merchant and that makes a big difference. Payless ShoeSource often does the Buy One Get One Half Off.
- Read the fine print for exclusions such as brands or previously reduced merchandise.